Job description / Role
Assistant Professor in Transportation & Construction Management
Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the Gulf Region's leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of over 7,500 students from more than 60 nationalities enrolled in 44 undergraduate and postgraduate programs in 4 campuses.
Abu Dhabi University is the only private higher education institution in the UAE and the region to receive international accreditation and institutional recognition from the "Western Association of Schools and Colleges: Senior College and University Commission - WSCUC". The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs, which includes the BSc in Civil Engineering. The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world's business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS. Building on this success, we are now looking to appoint new top-caliber faculty members and education leaders from prestigious higher education institutions.
The College of Engineering (CoE) has grown rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College has become the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,600 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members. The Civil Engineering department is the largest in ADU with 311 students in its Abu Dhabi campus and 130 students in the Al Ain campus, four teaching labs and a high computational workstation laboratory.
CoE is currently inviting applications for 2 faculty appointments in Civil Engineering in the areas of Transportation and Construction Management for the Academic Year 2019-20. The positions are expected to be based in our Al Ain campus, serving the offerings of a full four-year study program there, and anticipated to be at the Assistant Professor level, although well qualified candidates at the Associate Professor rank will also be considered.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An earned doctorate in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Transportation Engineering or in Construction Management/Structures from an accredited institution of higher education. In addition, an undergraduate degree in civil engineering is also required.
- A record of outstanding teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A record of excellent scholarship productivity.
- Certification as Professional Engineer (P.E.) is an asset.
- Professional design experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, commitment to excellence in scholarship, spirit of entrepreneurship, and a good understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Understanding of new media, visual communication, e-learning, and the need to equip students with the varied skills to succeed in their career.
- Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.