Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for assisting and supporting the commercial control of multiple projects in Abu Dhabi.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Assist with project control functions on a range of small to large infrastructure projects
• Assist with implementing and managing scope, cost and schedule change control
• Support the project teams in maintaining the cost control systems by ensuring the planned resourcing is accurate and consistent
• Prepare project progress, financial and resource information, including actual costs, earned value and forecasts
• Capture all cost and schedule baselines; reviewing and auditing costs being charged to the project to ensure their validity
• Ensure that the engineering, procurement, and construction progress are clearly documented and measured against project baselines
• Ensure all cost, schedule and risk project reporting and activities comply with company and client requirements
• Ensure appropriate change control processes are implemented to capture all change
• Update cost control systems to reflect budgets, actual and forecast costs
• Prepare invoices with cost, hours and disbursement back-up for clients
• Review sub-consultant invoices and costs, making recommendations on payments
• Collate, compile and issue project status information for weekly and monthly reports
• Interface and maintain liaison with clients, subcontractors and others on all project control related activities
• Provide oversight of project change
• Assist in cash collection
Essential Candidate Specifications:
• Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline; professional memberships will be an added advantage
• Minimum 5 years in total in a similar role (with 2 to 3 years experience in engineering or project management consultancy)
• Strong understanding of, and experience in, project reporting including preparation of timely and accurate project weekly and monthly reports and progress against cost and schedule
• Experience in administering and managing project cost control systems
• Experience in administering and managing cost and invoicing processes
• In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behavior and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.