Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organizations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Assistant Project Manager - Mixed-use Building
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Working in a client facing role, responsible for the appointment and management of the extended professional teams of local and international consultants and contractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the senior project manager and construction director to provide a professional project and design management service internally and externally, as set out in the scope of service.
• Working closely with the leadership team, providing input into design and construction programmes.
• Supporting on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Assisting in the day-to-day management of project activities, resources and attends the project management team meetings.
• Attending the weekly project meetings as requested by project manager and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
• Supporting the project manager and architects in successful project delivery.
• Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Review for completeness and include in project documentation. Inform the project manager of deficiencies.
• Managing the sub-consultants and your supervisors and drive the nominated sub-contractors.
• Contributing to the evolution of the documentation and methods.
• Communicating with site superintendents about delays and any other issues that must be communicated to clients.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required for client approval.
• Must have experience working in construction management or project management teams.
• Experience in residential, hospitality or high rise buildings is an advantage.
• Strong knowledge and appreciation of health and safety is a must.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills are essential.
• Ability to make decisions and proceed with confidence.
• Desire to be part of the team and contribute in all areas.
• Excellent written (minutes/notes) and verbal communication skills are required.
• A degree qualification is essential for client approval.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.