Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible to deliver all activities within agreed constraints of time, budget, and quality. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The job holder will interact with business users to ascertain their needs and undertake the implementation of selected package solutions or development of systems based solutions in order to meet business requirement. He/she will perform all Project management responsibilities, prepare and maintain project plans, monitor progress reports, act as liaison between IT and user departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establish project plan and initiate project mobilization by confirming project scope, estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities
• Monitor and control execution of project though Analyze, Design, Build, Test and Release
• Provide leadership and decision making support by establishing project governance
• Perform project reporting including overall performance of the program and project completion documentation
• Lead efforts around work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of business perspective work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc.) for complex projects spanning multiple business units
• Provide appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
• Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders.
• Monitor and communicate status to senior leadership. Communicate and incorporate feedback from customers.
• Craft and implement communication plans requiring cultural change within the organization.
• Identify and anticipate risks and issues. Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation to senior management.
• Define quality standards and ensure compliance.
• Prepare project completion documentation with project performance, lesson learned.
• Ensure access to sensitive information pertaining to the Bank, and ongoing and future projects are maintained in strict confidence
• UAE National with Family Book
• Understanding in IT Project Management
• Understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables)
• Understanding of Banking Domains (in particular Wholesale and Corporate Banking, Transaction banking, etc.)
• Graduation degree
• Professional certification in Project Management
• At least 3 years of experience in Project Management.
• Understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies and its pros, cons and implication in different scenarios
• Track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects
• Ability to manage Agile and Non-Agile projects
• Ability to manage relationships with internal business customers
• Excellent written and verbal English communications
• Analysis, conceptualization
• Planning and organization
• Problem solving
• Interpersonal relations skills
• Able to multi-task and work under stress in a fast-paced environment
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.