Job description / Role
Assistant Purchase Manager
- Responsible for purchase of materials required by the company
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your team and working environment:
- Responsible for purchase of materials required by the company.
- To assist the Materials Manager in the allocation of suppliers based on the vendor capacity, location, etc. and the company's requirements.
- To survey the market and update the knowledge about new products and suppliers available in the market.
- Provide information on choices of items available for purchase
- Any matter which may effect the interests of the hotel should be brought to the attention of the management.
- Compare quotations received and select the supplier who suits to the company's requirements.
- Ensure to place order with suppliers taking the lead time into consideration.
- Negotiate with supplier and evaluate the proposal when required.
- Ensure that the purchase order meets the criteria of quality, price, timeliness and reliability and also the standards of the company.
- Follow up with suppliers for efficient service and in case of late delivery of the materials ordered.
- Ensure closure of purchase record after delivery of items.
- Handle dispatches to other departments as required.
- Keep track of new legislation, Excise and customer rules that come into force from time to time.
- To handle day-to-day purchase activities
- Follow up on payment on receiving the materials
- handle additional responsibilities as and when delegated by top management.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Broadcast Provider In UAE
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Procurement Officer for Marine Services Company