Job description / Role
What is in it for you:
- An opportunity to be with world's preferred Hospitality Company .
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world.
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise the work of the purchasing and receiving team members.
- Ensure that proper purchasing procedures are in place, with purchase orders placed only by the Purchasing Department after due authorization by management, and with the obtaining of competitive quotes were required as per policy.
- Ensure that all the suppliers have delivered goods on the date and time that have been identified in Purchase Order. And be aware of all deadline schedule concerned other departments which will cause the hotel operation not to be efficiency.
- Review all the Purchase Requests and Purchase Orders processed by subordinates.
- Ensure that all efforts are exhausted in obtaining the best possible quotations.
- On a regular basis or upon the instruction of the Cluster Director of Finance, conduct market price survey in coordination with the Cost Controller and Executive Chef.
- Ensure that price comparison among other hotels is done on a regular basis.
- Keep good relationship with user department and suppliers.
- To ensure that every department in the hotel receives goods and services as required and to the standard they have specified at the best possible price.
- To responsible for all purchasing within the hotel, not only general items for all department, but also food and beverage item, should be given detailed product and purchase specifications for everything which a department requires.
- To supply every department in the hotel with the best available goods and services which they require, according to their specifications and at the best available price, through professional purchasing and inventory control.
- To ensure that hotel expense are minimized through the use of effective purchasing and by obtaining the most competitive prices for goods and services. To achieve this by continuous market surveys, obtaining competitive quotations and aggressively negotiating in order to reap the maximum price benefits of purchasing power.
- To maintain a library of catalogues, price lists and reference data and to keep historical record of purchase.
- Organise trainings in order to familiarize management and team member with market trends and status of various purchases.
- To ensure all systems are kept up to date with accurate information.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Review daily reports to ensure system is being maintained as per company policies and procedures.
- To ensure all trace reports and daily quality checks are completed.
- To be fully conversant with manual procedures to be used in the event of the Hotel's systems being off-line.
Your experience and skills include:
- At least 4 years' experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience in the luxury or upscale segment is with knowledge of Dubai/UAE Market is preferred.
- Strong guest relations and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.