Job description / Role
- To oversee the Recreation operations, including the Fitness Centre, Kid's Club, Pool and Beach operations, and all guest areas and to personally supervise the above ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the Recreation operations and to prepare requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure a proper coverage and supervision of the Recreation facilities at all times.
- To be present in the pool and beach areas during busy periods to welcome and socialize with guests.
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To act as a representative of the Management when dealing with guest complaints or if a member of the Recreation team is facing difficulties that she/ he cannot solve on her/ his own.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by resolving it and making sure the guest is satisfied, and recording it.
- To call the Director of Spa & Recreation for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To ensure that all Recreation ambassadors are fully trained on all aspects of operations specifically on safety standards and procedures.
- To ensure that all Recreation facilities are thoroughly cleaned, properly set-up and available for use at any given time.
- To implement and follow up the "Focus" and other financial and audit procedures.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To ensure the proper use of all the recreational equipment and hotel management system and to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To assign duties and responsibilities to subordinates and to assist them in their duties.
- To control and implement daily check lists.
- To assist the Director of Spa & Recreation in preparing forecasts and statistics.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To ensure that all ambassadors are aware of the outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To ensure that all ambassadors are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To be updated with the competitors' offerings and rates.
- To conduct a daily line up briefing with the Recreation team to review daily events.
- To attend any inter-departmental meeting using this opportunity to encourage the interactivity with the Recreation department.
- To share daily activity highlights with the Director of Spa & Recreation, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To assist the Director of Spa & Recreation in fulfilling administrative responsibilities and monitoring activities. To replace him in his absence.
- To entertain regular and potential clients.
- To ensure the Accor loyalty programs are promoted and to build strong and long-term relationships with the guests.
- To be an ambassador of the Recreation department and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance through each ambassador's responsibility.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any dysfunction.
- To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the ambassadors.
- To conduct ambassador evaluations and surveys.
- To develop ambassador motivation and performance through action plans.
- To be involved in ambassador retention and satisfaction.
- To ensure trainings and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub sections of the Spa & Recreation Department.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
PA / Administrator- Chairman’s Office
International Development Bank (IDB)
Big Fish Recruitment
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts