Job description / Role
Business Context and Main Purpose of the job:
- Unilever's mission through a proactive approach that:
- Gives input to innovation projects regarding the national regulatory specific situation in gulf /Maghreb and supports country specific claims development and substantiation.
- Implements regulation changes impacting Unilever's businesses and brands.
- Supports issues management and influencing activities such that the business has the freedom to operate.
- Supports advocating Unilever positions ( RA manger GCC / Maghreb and related functions) and concerns towards the local governmental bodies on developing legislations and emerging issues such that the business has the desired freedom to operate. Acts as 1 st point of regulatory contact for the HPC and F&R R&D teams and business partners in gulf and Maghreb.
- Acts as first point of contact for RDCs and business partners regarding regulatory matters. Work closely with product development, marketing ,legal and all relevant teams to ensure local regulatory and external requirements, restrictions, and risks are identified, accurate, relevant and timely input given to innovation projects. (These could be in the areas of claims/ labeling, permitted additives/ formulations, new product regulations etc)
- Raises the knowledge level on regulatory matters in the R&D community through tailored training to achieve functional excellence
- Anticipates regulatory challenges for the future which could drive the external influencing agenda for the country as input for the advocacy agenda, innovation plans.
- Performs regulatory assessments for the country
- Participates to Local Claims Forums and provide RA input and approval of claims
- Works collaboratively with RDC/TM colleagues and Go to Market business partners to implement new and changes to existing regulations to assure on-going compliance.
- Provide local and regional input and expertise to the local, regional and global issue management processes.
- Understands external environment and regulatory developments, supports on building lobby plans, advocacy priorities and actions aligned with relevant interfaces (EA, Legal, R&D and regional/global regulatory affairs).
- provides RA input on the topic and helps to implement the communication plan with other functions locally.
- Inputs into global/cluster RA strategy and network.
- Gives input to the Cluster regulatory advocacy network.
- Ensures cascading to local interfaces and supports internal local requests.
- Implements advocacy plans for regulatory change or new product regulations.
- Supports Executing EA/RA briefs to advocate Unilever Positions towards the local governmental bodies, industry associations and/or other organisations when specific Business interests are to be promoted or defended.
- Can interface with regulatory authorities, represent UL in external platforms on technical issues, lobby activities and approvals to support aligned and agreed lobby/advocacy topics.
- University degree in pharmaceutical science, Food Science/Technology, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences
- Minimum 5 years experience in Regulatory Affairs
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.