Assistant Relationship Manager, Institutional Banking ( GRE's)
Job description / Role
Professional management & maintenance of Institutional Banking relations, in coordination with Unit Head & Head of Institutional Banking
• Maintain & manage an assigned portfolio with existing Institutional clients to retain & grow their banking relationships in a profitable manner and in line with assigned business growth targets. Besides managing his/her own portfolio, the ARM will support the Relationship Manager on day to day activities.
• Identify, solicit and acquire new Institutional clients in line with approved Institutional strategies for Assets, Liabilities, Trade and Treasury Sales.
• Structure appropriate credit lines in conformity with the Bank's underwriting standards and risk adjusted targets after thorough analysis of information necessary for the preparation of a detailed credit proposal.
• Making regular visits to clients for both monitoring and business generation purposes.
• Establish good liaison with customers for their day to day banking requirements and professionally manage security documentation requirements.
• Conduct account planning with Client Service Team Members & cross selling other products & services to commercial clients to ensure multi-product relationship and greater Share of wallet. Facilitating other lines of business in exploiting business opportunities through referrals to Wealth/Consumer Banking
• Establish effective & professional communication (both internal and external) to ensure turnaround time within designated parameters and higher client satisfaction levels.
• Ensure timely and accurate credit administrations through timely completion of annual reviews and regular monitoring of financials, covenants and other parameters within the review cycle.
• Comply with internal audit requirements in line with the policy guidelines, to ensure high standards of uniformity and consistency across the Bank
• Keep abreast of developments in the local business environment to spot business opportunities. Contribute to the planning process in order to develop Institutional business strategies.
• Develop a strong level of local contacts with the local business and financial institutions community
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Economics or Finance or Business Management or Engineering.
• 5 to 8 years of experience in Institutional banking with 4 years of exposure to Institutional Banking ( GRE's) in the UAE.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.