Job description / Role
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Khalifa city, UAE. The Work scope comprises roads, infrastructure and street scape.
The ARE Electrical shall report to the Resident Engineer (M&E). Responsibilities include: all matters associated with road lighting; sign lighting; traffic control systems; MV; HV; EHV; and, other electrical or related technology Also responsible for establishing contacts with appropriate departments for the supply or transfer of lighting components or accessories, arrangement for power supplies (i.e. connection or shutdown of service) approvals and acceptance of materials, supervise testing procedures off-site and prior to installation and on completed systems.
Additional responsibilities include: establishing contact with other relevant Ministries and Authorities, about Traffic Control Systems, Communication Systems and other electrical or electronic Works; and, ensure that drawings and specifications reflect current design standards.
• ARE Electrical shall report to the Resident Engineer (M&E) and interfaces with Public Works Authority designated PM.
• Responsibilities include: all matters associated with road lighting; sign lighting; traffic control systems; MV; HV; EHV; and, other electrical or related technology
• Report to the Senior Electrical Engineer / Resident Engineer (M&E) as applicable and participate in the construction supervision of all electrical items including electro-mechanical works, the electrical cables (EHV, HV, MV, LV), electrical substations, street lightings and low current system of the project and ensure that the project is constructed as per Contract requirements and specifications.
• Maintain a daily diary or daily report of construction activities (related to electrical works) and consolidate those of junior inspectors; ensure timely reporting of consequent findings and issues to the Resident Engineer and provide expert advice as necessary.
• Preparation of reports, minutes of meetings etc. related to electrical works
• Control /manage the Electrical Inspectors by giving guidance for the work supervision activities and maintain quality and safety to meet client satisfaction.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
• Monitor, measure and record Contractor’s progress on electrical and electro-mechanical work and provide feedback to the Resident Engineer allowing him to assess the actual construction progress against the approved construction schedule.
• Coordinate with the Contractor, if assigned by the Resident Engineer, on matters of scheduling and application of resources.
• Assist Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other related activities in his discipline.
• Coordinate with Parsons' Design Engineers if required on matters of design approval and resolution of interdisciplinary construction conflicts involving design in his discipline;
• Convene and chair special meetings with the Contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work as may be appointed by the Resident Engineer.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by the Resident Engineer and Project Safety Representatives.
• Witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) if required by the Client; and witness all relevant acceptance tests required by the Contract / Specifications.
• Plan for and coordinate with the Contractor on the necessary pre-commissioning, commissioning and post-commissioning activities. Ensure that all associated documentation/records are complete and accurate (i.e. as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals).
• Coordinate with the Contractor and client O&M on the training required by the Contract before hand-over and close-out.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, and 10 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of electrical supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Must have strong experience in LV and 11 KV electrical networks.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilise computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Prior working experience on ADDC project is desired.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||7 Feb|
Electrical Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Electrical Engineer with ADDC Competency
Barari Forest Management
|Abu Dhabi||13 Mar|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Electrical Engineer - ADDC Certified
CSG Global Talent
|Abu Dhabi||19 Mar|