Job description / Role
• Knowledge of and commitment to Safety in the Workplace and Environmental responsibility;
• Proficient with all engineering site paperwork, reporting, quality documentation;
• Able to manage the section of works and staff to a tight schedule and specification;
• Strong dredging design background and capacity for onsite interpretive analysis, be able to assist and advise the team with site specific issues;
• Able to maintain good working relationship with Engineering Team, Construction Team and contractors’ representatives;
• Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team;
• Ability to monitor the project Contractor’s performance against approved design;
• A strong knowledge of codes and guidelines in dredging as well as spoil disposal regulations;
• Knowledge of environmental issues surrounding dredging in deep water to include the disposal of spoil;
• Knowledge surrounding the fluid mechanics of dredging as well as knowledge in the types of dredgers common in the industry
• Fit and healthy for remote on site conditions.
• Able to monitor the project dredging contractor performance against specific expectations, interpret results and offer required, timely solutions;
• Siltation and estuary dredging maintenance knowledge;
• Ability to coordinate the implementation of the constructability review program during the design and construction phases of the project;
• Ability to advise on the preparation and implementation of the project dredging quality program;
• Able to advise on tracking commodities on quantity tracking system
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or related field with 10 years experience in design, site supervision and construction management of marine projects.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of marine works preferably in the Gulf region.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Keep necessary records and as-built records and take charge of the handing over of the marine works to the respective service authorities and assist the contractor to obtain necessary final clearance.
• Must be available in UAE.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||16 Dec|
QA/QC Engineer/ Inspector
Assistant Resident Engineer (Civil) - Infrastructure
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jan|
Assistant Resident Engineer / Planning Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|