Job description / Role
Assistant Resident Engineer (Mechanical) - Abu Dhabi
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of Operation & Maintenance project in Abu Dhabi city, UAE.
The Assistant Resident Engineer (Mechanical) will assist the Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project with respect to water network and pumping station. Will coordinate with various government departments, contractors, consultants and public to facilitate progress and avoid delays. He will also maintain logs of project progress, handing-over and final accounts. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most construction / engineering theories and practices. To arrange progress meetings for various utilities with the service authorities representative, minute them and distribute the records as required.
• Report to the Resident Engineer and assist in supervising the construction of pumping station, fountain and water network.
• Act in place of the Resident Engineer when on leave or absent.
• Chairs the meetings with the agencies and any other meetings delegated by the Resident Engineer.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
• Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities including correspondence related to the utility section and prepare replies for the review of the Resident Engineer.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
• Coordinate with the contractor engineers on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
• Convene and chair special meetings with the service authorities, the contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Prepare / Assist in the preparation of Weekly and Monthly progress reports.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions with respect to utilities works and associated items.
• Check and measure the performed work in his line of work, record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs. programmed work.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 8+ years postgraduate experience in construction management of pumping stations, water network and fountains.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of water network, pumping station and fountains preferably in the Gulf region.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Keep necessary records and as-built records and take charge of the handing over of the utility works to the respective service authorities and assist the contractor to obtain necessary final clearance.
• Must be available in UAE with valid UAE driving license.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Mechanical Construction Engineer - EPC Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer