Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for an Assistant Resident Engineer (SCADA and ADMS) to support our project in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This is a temporary assignment that will commence June and end December 2023 (6 months).
Your new role, what's involved?
* I establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* I initiates and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* I officially handover the site to the contractor
* I arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* I establish procedures for inspection? approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* I review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site
* I review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* I monitor the Contractors progress during construction and regularly assesses output
* I implement QMS requirements and conduct regular Audits
* I ensure the contractor liaises with service and other authorities in a timely manner so as not to affect the progress of the works by attending meetings, monitoring agreed programmes and regular follow-up
* I prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* I issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
* I Prepare projects completion reports
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* A hands-on, electrical engineer experienced in control room Distribution Management Systems.
* Site experience and focused on installation, testing, and commissioning of an advanced distribution management system (ADMS)?
* Control room experience is an advantage but not a requisite.
* Familiarity with Siemens' Spectrum Power SP4 and SP 7 applications is highly advantageous.
What's in it for you?
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business execution plan, we are seeking leaders that share our guiding principles - we value our people and our reputation; we are locally dedicated with international scale; we are future focused and challenge the status quo; we foster collaboration in everything we do, and we have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.