Job description / Role
Passionate about guest interaction, food and beverage? As an Assistant Restaurant Manager, you will lead your team to create unforgettable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To assistant the Restaurant Manager in the operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To support the Restaurant Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager in ensuring that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled.
- To ensure that the Restaurant is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- All operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To assist in the operation and be visible during entire meal period.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct and assist the Chief Steward in monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To carry out monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
- To attend Food and Beverage Meetings and Daily Operations Meetings.
- To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
- To prepare and participate in the Monthly Review.
- To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship and assisting to update guest history.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To ensure a staff member is always available on assisting guest inquiries.
- To identify in conjunction with the department head the market needs and trends.
- To plan monthly hotel concierge visits in order to promote the restaurant effectively.
- To plan the weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To maintain the outlet bulletin board.
- To submit all guest/employee incident reports.
- To report "lost and found" items.
- To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
- To liaise and organize with Stewarding and Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
- To issue repair and maintenance work orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager.
- To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth within the group.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years' experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Have knowledge of restaurant operation procedures.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Assistant Restaurant Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
A Leading Group In UAE
Big Fish Recruitment