Job description / Role
Prepare schedules for the assigned channels on time and with 100% accuracy:
- in accordance with Channel guidelines
- according to the defined steps / polices for the channel
- meeting the marketing guidelines to achieve target audience
- ensuring creativity on presenting schedule
- Informing all relevant parties of the change in the planned schedule, if any
Liaise with Planning, Brand Management, Media agency, Library, Transmission and Acquisition
- obtaining actual programming and version to be used
- ensuring promotions and continuity are delivered on time and checking on the validity of the promo
- ensuring commercials and sponsorships are booked into right program
- ensuring programs are ready 24 hours before transmission day
- Liaise with segmenting dept to ensure all programme files are segmented and ready for transmission.
- Liaising with acquisition for missing media
- Be fully observant for any timecodes error in the programme
- Ensuring all programme files are available and right aspect ratio are used by transmission as per the schedule
- Ensuring all promotions and continuity elements are rightly placed in schedule
- Update WHAT'SON database with 100% accuracy
- Perform other tasks or duties as and when required
- Be prepared to work long hours and weekend.
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication & Media
- 2 years of Experience as Scheduler in Media Industry
- Preferably has knowledge in WHAT'SON.
- Attention to detail and fully focused.
- Organized and having pleasant character.
- Experience in understanding and developing programming strategies in reference to TV targeted audience behaviors, characteristics & trends, and competition
- Advanced IT skills
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Office Manager / Administrator
Admin Assistant / Document Controller
Mustard & Linen
|Abu Dhabi||10 Apr|