Job description / Role
Assistant Security Manager - THE8 HOTEL
To ensure a safe environment for the hotel staff and guests and protect the assets of the hotel.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Resort Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To undertake full responsibility of the security personnel for managing and to enforce security policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and ensure compliance to all local regulations.
- To provide supervisory guidance and support to all security personnel within the security department.
- To create a safe and secure environment for the guest and ambassadors.
- To assist department of the property in developing and training hotel associates in firefighting, fire evacuation as per NFPA and local civil defense.
- To investigate, review and follow up on all incidents, loss & accident reports.
- To effectively resolve guest related conflicts and accordingly communicate.
- To perform daily administration of hotel's key control program.
- To be responsible for the life safety policies and procedures as dictated by local civil defense / NFPA.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Security Department and should effectively enforce hotel's rule and regulations.
- To supervise the administration of lost and found with daily audits and exercise gate pass control procedure.
- To perform additional tasks and duties as assigned by the Security Manager and promptly respond to directions given by Executive Management.
- To protect hotel assets
Team Management & Administration
- To assist in carrying out monthly inventory of operating equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Attend daily briefing and debriefing for all security team
- Communicate clearly within the security team
- Contribute to the hotel daily cleanliness control
- Be attentive to the hotel image and report to management
- To ensure good operation and safety in all hotel area
- To report all serious criminal offences, demonstrates delicate and tract full handling of criminal offences.
- To anticipate and be proactive in new crime modus.
- Respond to fire or safety alarm call. Emergency services are provided with assistance and support according to capabilities and the situation.
- Manage Intoxicated Persons and deal with special security requirements effectively:
- Determine the level of intoxication
- Apply appropriate procedure
- Removal of the person from premises as per situation.
- To remind all ambassador and specially Security to always close emergency doors to minimize the way to escape for bad purpose.
- Assist Security Manager to plan and conduct evacuation of premises such as
- Writing of policy and procedure for evacuation situation.
- Conduct Ambassador evacuation drills
- Communicate regularly with fire wardens.
- Conduct evacuation according to policy and procedure
- To follow and carefully handle any case of loss / theft / damaged and respond incorrect way
- To follow policy and procedure for hotel Ambassador bag checking.
- To protect public area and guest from any disturbance made by outsider.
- To handle the miss behavior of Ambassador such as eating, drinking or smoking in guest room and Public Area.
- Compile the logbook for special notes on anything that has to be carried out that can be followed up.
- Respect hotel rules and regulations
- To be Assistant in charge of the Fire Brigade Team
- High school diploma
- 2 years of experience in a similar field
- Should be certified by Dubai police as Assistant Security Manager
- Experienced in pilferage investigations
- Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic is an added advantage
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.