Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai Wafi scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2020, will be Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai Wafi will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist – Assistant Spa Manager and help us to make Sofitel Dubai Wafi a truly welcoming destination!
• Manage, train, and motivate all personnel reporting to this position.
• Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry.
• Meet with group meeting planners to show spa facility and programs as required.
• Promote and sell customized spa programs to conference groups as required.
• Tour prospective spa Guests.
• Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of all information on the telephone and in person to all potential spa Guests.
• Promote all hotel and spa packages and promotions.
• Assist the Director of Spa in leading the implementation of 12-month marketing plan.
• Identify new business and marketing opportunities.
• Assist in the Implementation of 12-month public relations program, i.e. calendar of events, media etc.
• Work efficiently with hotel public relations in all aspects of spa / hotel promotion as required.
• Act as a spokesperson for the Spa and the Brand.
• Work with hotel and regional sales and marketing as required.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location, product offering, pricing, promotion and sales techniques.
• Administration and implementation of staff training in all aspects of the spa’s operations i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, spa services (massage, body scrubs, facials etc.), retail sales etc.
• Assist in the supervision, operation and coverage of all spa departments.
• Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the hotel
• Establishment of professional business relationship with all vendors and development of all products inventories.
• Ensure adherence of standard operating procedures for each department.
• Submit monthly report requirements and information to the Director of Spa, including monthly business report, and treatment audits.
• Ensure adherence of departmental and facility policies.
• Establishment of ongoing administrative controls.
• Assist in the recruitment, development and training of all department heads and support staff.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
• Ensure that weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings are effective.
• Available for Colleague and Manager Inquiries.
• Communications: respond / review voice-mail and e-mail messages.
• Facility walk-through to have a visual presence within the department for all spa staff.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Follow and ensure that all Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices, lead by example.
• Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Sofitel Spas.
• Assist in the development and adherence of all departmental emergency procedures.
• Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
• Review daily productivity.
• Monitor scheduling of all services and special programming.
• Review/approve purchase requisitions in the absence of the director of Spa.
• Within 2 days of the month-end profit and loss statement distribution, submit variance report to the Director of Spa.
• Generate monthly facility productivity report.
• Measurement of the spa actual performance to budget.
• Review all invoices before payment.
• Control the cost of goods purchased, services supplied and labor necessary to the sales and production of our products and service.
• Ensure that the spa department maintains a positive relationship internally and with all departments in the hotel.
• Performance management discussions as required.
• Attend/chair weekly, individual and group manager meetings.
• Conduct developmental discussions/performance reviews with individuals who directly report to Spa Director.
• Establish short term and long-term goals for each supervisor and review status of each goal on a monthly basis.
• Attend departmental meetings
• Responsible for supervising all aspects of Colleagues, i.e. hiring, recognition, progressive corrective action, etc.
• Responsible for the efficient training of all Colleagues in all aspects of job tasks.
• Responsible for all spa department’s emergency training.
• Ensure Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
• Conduct performance appraisals on a timely manner.
• Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
• Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
• Ensure cross training of all Colleagues in all applicable positions.
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree (Business Administration) an asset.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management/supervisory position in a spa or related field an asset.
• Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
• Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Green Gulf Careers