Job description / Role
We are on the search for a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with a passion for interiors, to join our sales team.
- Communicate with customers to assess their needs and provide assistance in satisfying those needs.
- Build and maintain customer relationships in order to build strong loyalty.
- Follow the store guidelines provided so each customer has a consistent experience within the store.
- Training other employees on selling techniques, products and processes.
- Arrange and replenish merchandise on a continuous basis and ensure that the shop floor and shelves are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Maximising sales in store and through custom orders.
- Ensure all products are labeled with price tags.
- Advise customers on product items or ranges best suited to their needs
- Demonstrate usage and benefits of various brands and products.
- Arrange and display received merchandise under the direction of the merchandiser; change tag prices of products during promotion periods or as needed.
- Providing quotations for customer orders and escalating customer requests.
- Excellent organisation skills and follow up with each enquiry.
- Promoting additional services offered by the business.
- Advising customers of in store promotions.
- Scheduling deliveries of products with head office.
- Responding to any queries via email or phone.
- Maintaining an accurate database of customers contact details and requests.
- Managing store inventory counts as and when required.
- Reporting of any discrepancies and problems to head office.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Responsible for processing any transactions(cash/card).
- Promote and monitor quality service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model.
- Responsible for preparing work schedules with break periods, work hours and vacations and presenting to Operations Manager.
- Provide the Operations Manager with a weekly update on the progress of the store and employees.
- Responsible for addressing customer grievances and enquiries.
- Evaluate employee performance and development needs.
- Delegate responsibilities between the employees.
- Be an ambassador for the brand and share the ethos and messages behind each product range.
- Show initiative and be prepared to help in all aspects of the company ie. special events.
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal( Arabic is an advantage)
- 3-4 years retail or other sales experience with 1 year in a supervisory role
- Growth-oriented individual constantly striving to increase store sales
- Should possess a friendly, positive attitude towards customers and colleagues
- Confident in talking/interacting with customers and colleagues
- A multi-tasker, team player, attentive and creative
- A leader with strong decision making, planning and relationship building skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of store operating procedures
- Passion for interiors
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS office
About the Company
Tribe is a furniture shop that sells sustainable, hand-made, fair trade home decor accessories sourced from all over the world. We have one retail space in The Courtyard, Al Quoz and a warehouse / showroom also in Al Quoz. The company was founded 2 years ago and we are a team of 7 employees.
We offer interior design services which include full fit outs for residential and commercial projects, as well as styling services which can be for commercial photoshoots, to private homes to social media collaborations. We rent our furniture for events and photoshoots. We also have an in-house carpenter and make custom furniture and upholstery for commercial and residential clients. We organise community workshops twice a month during the year.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Retail Sales Associate / Cashier
Dubai Parks and Resorts