Job description / Role
Assistant Talent & Culture Manager
Reporting to the Cluster Director, Talent & Culture he/she will be responsible to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Talent & Culture Division at Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor.
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor is a newly opened 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 121 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Attends the Cafeteria Committee meetings
- Provide a source of information to Department Heads regarding disciplinary, grievance and employee counselling issues. Ensure all disciplinary procedures are carried out, taking role of arbitrator, note taker or advisor where appropriate.
- Utilize an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the DT&C.
- Take active role in projects and teams throughout the Hotel and be prepared to take leadership where appropriate or act as an advisor on any T&C issues.
- Lead, plan and organize generic social and community activities.
- Ensure efficient organization of the accommodation processes and procedures as well as amenities to ensure employees satisfaction.
- Ensure that cafeteria, lockers and common areas are always cleaned and up to standard
- Ensure colleagues files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensure medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Create monthly Labour turnover report, Monthly Accor hotels Talent & Culture report and any other reporting requirements.
- Ensure all employees starting, change and termination information is accurately completed, entered into the system and communicated to payroll department. Ensure Cluster Director, Talent & Culture is informed of all starters, changes and terminations.
- Ensure all colleagues' files are kept up to date - and to ensure confidentiality of ambassadors information is maintained at all time, in line with Data Protection legislation.
- Support to Cluster Director of Talent & Culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources management experience, preferably in the luxury setting
- A strong understanding of labor and employment law
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to train and develop team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Recruitment Officer
Assistant HR Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Human Resources Coordinator
Talent Acquisition & Recruitment Specialist
Irwin & Dow