Job description / Role
Kempinski training aims to provide strategic focus by developing and implementing great trainers and great training tools.
The overall scope of an Assistant Training Manager is to support the Director of People Training to deliver the above mission statement at both properties while preparing and developing themselves for a future training leadership role.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai / Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah
An impressive 100,000 square meters, the Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai comprises 347 luxuriously appointed rooms, of which 36 are exquisitely spacious suites. Surrounded by pristinely landscaped tropical gardens are eight highly appointed royal villas with stunning views of the Palm Lagoon. The hotel's wide variety of international restaurants, boutique mall and cinema provide ample dining and entertainment attractions. With its opening in 2018, the hotel's classical design will complement the Kempinski Residences and Hotel Apartments Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Deliver Colleague Orientation and Brand Immersion program, train the trainer, customer service training, and any other assigned training in order to provide effective training & development support to improve service quality and Colleague engagement.
- Provide training support and consultancy to departments working closely with the Director of People Training.
- Develop training and internal communication resources to market training initiatives and programs
- Compile Feedback and effectiveness of training activities.
- Assist and coach Colleagues on Cross Training and ensure that records are kept up to date.
- Support the design and development of new learning initiatives aligned with The Kempinski Brand
- Closely work with Director of People Training to Audit department training records.
- Create, update and maintain training department files for training programs.
- Manage and update Venza and Lobster Ink Records and provide support to departments as required.
- Ensure a clear and concise monthly training calendar is posted and made available for all colleagues.
- Manage and maintain training notice boards.
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with all colleagues, suppliers and vendors.
- Track overall training and training results.
- Coordinate all internal and external trainings and nominations
- Prepare training certificates for all completed trainings.
- Prepare training needs analysis working closely with the Director of People Training.
- Make requisition for all required training related materials closely monitoring created budget and liaising with Director of People training.
- Attend and contribute to department meetings, departmental trainer meetings, other scheduled activities.
- Carry out your role in a safe and environmentally friendly way, protecting the health and safety of both colleagues and guests
- Promptly escalate any concerns or issues related to training processes and attendances to Director of People Training.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the hotel's grooming standards at all times
- Lead by example and promote Kempinski's core values while maintaining a positive attitude.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Very good Training & Presentation Skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Great inter-personal, communication and customer-service skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Good command in English
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Publisher
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.