Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
The Group Treasury department is responsible for setting uniform treasury policies and strategies for the Group and overseeing central execution. The function includes all key treasury activities, including cash management, investments, funding, risk management, strategy, operations, digital payments and retail card acquiring.
Group Treasury was established in 2014 and has built a strong team that is recognised for delivering significant value and best practice within the business. It currently has several dedicated treasury professionals who are supported by other departments within the Group and divisional finance functions.
Chalhoub Group is looking to recruit a new Assistant Treasurer (head of treasury projects and digital payments) to lead projects across the region, drive improvements and deliver tangible benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate who is ready to join this established team that has immense growth opportunities and be part of its evolving journey.
What you will be doing
The Assistant Treasurer will be responsible for supporting the Group Treasurer with high profile projects at the Group level and developing the Treasury function across the Group’s key markets (particularly UAE, KSA, Kuwait and Qatar).
• Support key projects, such as global payments hub, treasury system optimisation, POS/digital payments, POBO/ROBO, cash pooling and strategic working capital optimisation initiatives
• Responsible for Digital Payments team and Middle/Back Office activities, including managing external relationships and stakeholders
• Setting up internal commercial structures to manage department P/L
• Working with IT, Digital teams and consultants to develop Group omni-channel payment strategy
• Improving and developing treasury analytics across cash management, digital payments and other key activities
• Take ownership of new treasury management system (FIS Integrity) and lead projects to enhance this further
• Identify, negotiate and deliver bank efficiency savings across the Group (bank tariffs, banking strategy, payroll services)
• Implement new banking structures and manage liquidity requirements through regional cash pools, intercompany loans and bank facilities
• Work with direct reports, Country Management and Treasury Accounting to develop annual treasury KPIs, including funding, covenants, hedging and bank relationship strategy for operational entities. Establish annual compliance framework to ensure adherence with operational policies
• Own the Digital Payment Product Strategy and Roadmap to ensure all Group companies are offered a uniform payments catalogue with group level negotiated pricing
• Lead marketing partnerships with Payment companies (Mastercard, VISA, Amex, Union Pay etc) and drive towards lower cost of transaction either through material value or by influencing partners to improve the value proposition in their offerings
What you'll need to succeed
• At least 10 years of experience working in a Treasury department of an international business with exposure and understanding of all front, middle and back office activities
• Qualification in Treasury - ACT
• Extensive technical Treasury skills such as international cash management solutions including POBO/ROBO, netting and pooling
• People, leadership and project management experience
• Treasury Management System/FIS Integrity experience preferred
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.