Job description / Role
The role of AVP exists to provide support to senior officers in the origination and execution of corporate finance transactions in the Middle East.
The client is a multinational banking and financial services institution that is most well known for their project financing activities.
* Strong analytical skills and will involve the review and analysis of information including customer financial statements, corporate finance, financial models, due diligence and legal documentation.
* Strong communication skills as there will be various interfaces both within the organisation (Credit, Syndications, Operations etc) as well as externally including some client facing dealing (such as KYC etc).
* Knowledge of Corporate Finance theory, practice, documentation and execution
* The role has interfaces also with Customers (financial and industrial equity), other banks and financial institutions, DFIs & ECAs lawyers, accountants, specialist engineers, insurance advisors, public sector up to national government level
* Preparing credit applications and managing data input for GBR, EIC and other systems.
* Preparing externally facing marketing materials, including PPT presentations for corporate finance, project finance and other ancillary business initiatives, in line with the guidelines and seeking compliance approval.
* Input transactions into the Project Finance/Corporate Finance Grading Methodology (PD/LDG model).
* As appropriate, financial modelling and analysis for transactions in support of transaction lead.
* Managing other administrative and support functions related to the team (e.g. preparation/circulation of signing logs, KYC).
* Understanding the Bank's internal procedures and processes and applying them correctly.
* Complying with all regulatory and internal policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines.
* Excellent exposure
* Growth opportunities
* Significant knowledge and experience of corporate finance theory (and some Project Finance), practice, risk analysis and credit required
* Knowledge of corporate finance transaction execution and documentation
* Experience of working in a large financial institution or other relevant role in industry, advisory or finance
* Strong numerical and financial skills essential.
* Financial modelling experience desirable.
* Dealing with multiple tasks in a small team and responding to tight deadlines.
* Methodical and meticulous with strong attention to detail.
* Education & Qualifications: Undergraduate level degree as a minimum
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.