Job description / Role
The Associate - Audit is an integral member of any Financial Audit and Professional Regulation Group engagement. He / She work under the guidance of a supervisor and applies generally accepted auditing standards in order to make sure that staff follows the government rules, regulations and top management’s directives when performing their tasks.
• Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients
• Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, managers and CAE
• Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
• Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the area being reviewed to understand and walk through the business and technology processes and identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
• Readiness to work under time constraints and extra hours when needed.
• Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
Reporting structure and key relationships:
Reporting to: Manager- Audit
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy from an accredited college/university
• CPA or Equivalent is preferred/ or eligible to sit for the CPA exam
• One or two years of current and/or recent audit experience in public accounting
• Business knowledge
• Knowledge of International Reporting Financial Standards (IFRS).
• Proficiency in Arabic and English is preferred.
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.