Job description / Role
• Plan, direct and control the area's sales through its purchases of high quality merchandise at the most advantageous price, in order to meet and maintain merchandising standards and sales and profit objectives
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain the return all faulty merchandise to the supplier with the accompanying red debit correctly made out to ensure the department receives a credit.
• Ensure that that all samples are returned to the supplier when no longer required as applicable.
• Enter the orders onto the system once the buyers returned from buying trip and ensure minimum discrepancies.
• Pay regular visits to warehouse to resolve any shipment discrepancies and delay and liaise with the suppliers in case of any variance/damage to prompt immediate corrective action.
• Maintain regular communication with suppliers as applicable.
• Assist with the efficient ordering delivery and payment of merchandise to reduce the likelihood of queries and problems.
• To assist the Buyer to research and select from home and abroad, the best quality merchandise suppliers have to offer at the best price to maximise sales and profit margins.
• In conjunction with the Buyer to control the selection of merchandise for the Sales within the agreed markdown and to reach the agreed stock level.
• Place re-orders as applicable in consultation with buyers and communicate relevant information to all relevant parties in planning and supply chain.
• Maintain accurate database of vendor agreements and forward completed vendor agreements to Merchandise Planning.
• Assist sales staff and management with customer service by placing special orders and providing information on stock availability and product knowledge.
• Consolidate buying feedback reports and provide buyers with reports and recommendations per brand portfolio
Education/Certification and Continued Education
• High School in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs
Years of Experience
• Good knowledge and experience in the (related) industry through work experience with international principals.
• Buying experience and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 3 - 5 years
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.