Job description / Role
We are looking for an Associate, Compliance, Financial Markets Trade Surveillance for a 6 month contract. You will participate in Trade Surveillance's projects and handle 'business as usual' in the AME region. This includes conducting preliminary analysis and closing out triggered alerts in a timely manner, and ensuring that significant issues are properly identified and escalated, amongst others. This would also include taking on lead roles in certain projects or investigations and liaising with Compliance to ensure an appropriate closure.
You will have the following experience/skills:
* Understanding of market abuse regulations in the UAE and other regions, such as ASEAN / SA / EU / AME / Americas. Candidate should also have some familiarity with rules in relation to the UK FCA, US SEC on market conduct.
* Knowledge of trade surveillance systems, such as SMARTS and Mantas
* Good understanding of trading/booking systems and infrastructure.
* Good understanding and experience in technology project implementation.
* Strong communications skills.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.