Job description / Role
The Consultant will forge relationships with new and existing clients in their relevant sector and proactively promote the Robert Walters brand through business development and networking activities.
The Consultant will manage the full recruitment process, building relationships with candidates in their relevant sector in order to place them with clients, and head hunting where necessary to source high calibre individuals for clients.
Takes responsibility for:
* Generating revenue by making placements
* Identifying business opportunities by speaking to clients and candidates
* Organising and attending meetings with prospective clients
* Developing existing relationships
* Sending CVs to clients, either for existing roles or on a speculative basis
* Developing an understanding of the market
* Researching news and developments affecting relevant industry sectors in order to build knowledge and credibility within the market place
* Proactively acting upon information gathered from candidates, clients and research
* Selling the services offered by Robert Walters to potential clients over the phone and during meetings
* Developing client relationships, managing and exceeding client expectations at all times
* Managing client roles, writing and placing job advertisements, and producing weekly mail shot literature
* Attaining comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of each client's organisation, culture and resourcing requirements
* Ensuring only high quality candidates are put forward to our clients for interview
* Professionally and effectively managing the recruitment process from beginning to end
* Sourcing, selecting and matching candidates with appropriate positions
* Organising and coordinating interviews with candidates and fully briefing candidates regarding roles
* Presenting candidates during morning review at 8.30 am
* Proactively managing relationships with all candidates, whether placed by Robert Walters or not
* Ensuring regular contact with candidates by providing feedback and communication
* Pre-screening candidates
* Handling all candidate enquiries in a professional and timely manner
* Reference checking
* Ensuring that Profile accurately reflects all business dealings with clients and candidates.
* Ensuring that candidates are coded correctly, and the files reflect and hold all required statutory information
Knows which results are important and focuses on delivering them through achievement of personal work goals, objectives and revenue targets. Shows determination to make things happen, even under pressure, and consistently strives to overachieve on all targets. Anticipates client requirements and identifies opportunities to generate new business and promote the brand. Proactive and innovative in sourcing candidates and attracting top talent. Open to change, and flexible and adaptable in approach in response to varying recruitment volumes.
Commercial Awareness and Understanding
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of their client base (including client needs and expectations) and the organisational divisions, functions and strategic business goals of the Robert Walters Group. Consistently keeps up-to-date with competitor information, market trends and legislative changes and is able to confidently and effectively communicate these. Willingly participates in extracurricular activities to promote the company. Recognises their contribution to the overall business strategy and success of the company and understands what drives our long-term profitability.
Plans ahead and works in an entrepreneurial, organised and professional way to exceed expectations. Continually seeks to improve processes whilst ensuring excellent organisation and attention to detail at all times. Demonstrates self motivation and a drive to succeed on all levels.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.