Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth, we are looking to develop a world class digital and e-commerce capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a data analyst for MUSE Loyalty Programme, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our business leaders in the Data & Analytics Team.
What you'll be doing
- Developing a unified view of member shopping behaviours and member's engagements end-to-end performance
- Increasing the productivity of MUSE loyalty operations by harnessing data to simplify, improve UX, automate, reduce errors and accelerate time-to-value.
- Generating actionable insights from data and the championing their use to drive value
- Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes, to support our core stream of marketing, benefits and experiences, operations and training proactivity
- Data-driven recommendations to optimise productivity, next best action, value, and ultimately customer delight
- Identifying new opportunities and business use cases to generate value
- Working with the core data team to operationalise and deliver impact through data products
- Championing the growth of trustworthy data critical to unearth previously unknown behaviours which aid on-going MUSE business operations
- Able to present data outputs / findings in a compelling storytelling way typically to a non-technical audience
- Strong at collaborating and solving problems in a cross-functional team environment, dynamic, fast paced environment
- Should be solutions oriented to understand requirements and define the right methodology to conduct analysis (scoring, segmentation, predictive model)
- (Desirable) Demonstrate expertise in working with large transactional data, app data, web data, eCommerce data and soft / qualitative data across GCC countries
- (Desirable) Experience of conducting customer level analysis across CX, UX, Media Performance
- Must have great attention to detail and be quick, but accurate and agile
- Determine which customers to target for marketing campaigns using techniques including statistical clustering and value-based segmentation
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via training and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
- Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the impactful opportunities
- Talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Willingness to do some foundational "heavy lifting" in automating reporting and dashboarding, to enable business users to self-serve, prior to accelerating value through advanced techniques
- First-hand experience of advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques and their application to business decisions
- Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
- (Desirable) Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query and Looker software
- The curiosity and hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.