Job description / Role
We are looking for an Associate Digital Buyer within our Beauty Division.
The Associate Digital buyer, with the support of head of beauty and DM, will develop an a assortment vision and strategy for the area of responsibility that ties to company key priorities, customer needs and insights from market analysis, vendor guidance and planning counterparts with a view to maximizing sales and gross margin within out Beauty Division.
The essential role and responsibilities of this role will be;
* Support to develop and implement the strategic business plan and promotional activities for area of responsibility in partnership with planning counterpart.
* Assist the development of the assortment vision and assortment selection which support the financial objectives and contract terms.
* Serve as key Al Tayer digital beauty buying representative in the marketplace, clearly articulating the company's strategy, vision and negotiating optimal assortment and pricing for our customer.
* Maintain dynamic vendor relationships and an industry presence that allows for new connections, new business opportunities and ideas for Al Tayer
* Lead effective, concise and coordinated communication between all internal departments involved
* Support to deliver category sales, gross margin and sell-through performance to budget.
* Assist in analyzing business reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Assist during market with hindsight reporting, product selection and assortment
* Manage purchase orders and maintenance
* Develop and maintain effective working partnerships with key stakeholders including Planning, Vendors, Finance, Commercial, Logistics & Operations.
* Ensures merchandise samples are maintained accordingly.
* Liaise with vendors to ensure timely delivery of merchandise.
* In partnership with buyer, negotiate discounts on late shipments.
* Ensure the communication of key business info and performance to beauty teams.
* Lead finalization of exposure and promotional calendars.
* Act as liaison between brands, buyer and digital
Assortment Vision, Strategy & Selection
* Provide information for the development of assortment vision that ties to company key priorities and insights from market analysis, vendor guidance and planning counterparts.
* Partner with planning and finance to ensure department level financial targets support assortment strategy.
* Support to build compelling core and curated assortments for both channels that meet financial objectives (sales, margin, sell thru), with an appropriate balance of risk and testing of new ideas.
* Assists in monitoring industry trends and in evaluating competition, and attends major markets as feasible and necessary.
* Leverage appropriate systems to carry out purchasing activities in coordination with vendor partners.
* Size growth opportunities, edit for clarity, and ensure localization initiatives align with customer demand.
In Season Assortment Management
* Conduct category, class, and item performance analysis as well as consumer behaviors and propose in-season item level re-order opportunities.
* Make recommendations for promotional markdown activity to drive sales, maximize profitability and reduce terminal stock.
* Consolidate buying feedback reports and provide buyers with reports and recommendations per brand portfolio.
* Support the promotional activities online and in partnership with planning ensure the merchandise is available in time and in right quantities.
* Assist the communication and coordination with online teams regarding price changes, product discontinuation, and brand/item focus store visits regularly in all markets to review brand performance and competitor activities.
* Assists in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity, and the analysis of vendor profitability.
* Minimum of 3 years' buying experience within a multi-channel luxury ecommerce organization.
* High level of proficiency in retail math and excel.
* Good problem-solving skills and can take initiative to make decisions and resolve issues
* Ability to multitask and focus in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organizational and analytical skill set
* Sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
* Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
* A strong fashion and beauty eye and awareness of current and upcoming trends
* Product / brand orientation with good knowledge of the industry and benchmarks.
* Stakeholder management skills to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and counterparts.
* Commercial skills with the ability to identify opportunities and potential business risks.
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.