Job description / Role
As an Associate Director within the Consulting team, your role will be to lead a variety of consulting assignments across the UAE, KSA and other geographies in the region. As part of these assignments, you will be responsible for overseeing diverse project teams, ranging in size depending on the complexity of each assignment and providing quality assurance. You will also be responsible for business development, generating new business leads and securing new consulting mandates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Leading Projects & Managing Teams
• Leads consulting assignments varying in size and complexity in different geographies across the Middle East
• Efficiently manages project teams and oversees execution of consulting assignments to ensure that deliverables are presented on-time and in line with client expectations
• Guides and mentor team members on various aspects of assignment execution and report / presentation preparation through both on-the-job training and formal training sessions
• Plans and monitors appropriate and efficient staffing levels and utilisation of labor, within the scope of each assignment
• Provides formal supervision to individual employees within the Consulting team
• Works towards developing 2-3 team members through regular mentorship
• Prepares and delivers project and performance feedback for team members
Client Relationships & Business Development
• Leads client pitches, presentations and workshops
• Sources new business opportunities and secures new consulting mandates through personal / company networks
• Enhances existing / new client relationships and leads client communication in a professional and strategic manner
• Actively supports the development of the wider business through engagement and collaboration with colleagues from other departments and acts as an ambassador of all services lines
• Supports the head of department achieving financial, operational and other measures established
• Raises the clients awareness of the company brand
Strategic Input & Leadership
• Contributes to the elaboration and implementation of the wider department strategy
• Always leads by example and models’ behaviours which are consistent with the company's values
• Involved in staff recruitment, selection, assessments, promotion, advancement, corrective action, if required
• Proactively supports Senior Director and Director in leading the team and department
• Looks at ways to innovate products and improve processes and systems with a view of increasing efficiencies
• Performs specific tasks as requested by Director and Senior Director
Commitment to Values
• Ability to adhere to a set of core values and act in line with company values:
• RESPECT – Treat everyone with dignity, value their contributions, and help one another succeed.
• INTEGRITY – Uphold the highest ethical standards in our business practices.
• SERVICE – Dedicate ourselves to making a meaningful impact with our clients and in our communities.
• EXCELLENCE – Aspire to be the best in everything we do and drive for continuous improvement.
Knowledge and Skills
• In-depth knowledge of real estate and financial terms / principles
• Ability to conduct and oversee project execution and financial analysis, including report preparation
• Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex information
• Ability to respond effectively and professionally to sensitive issues and challenges
• Ability to write reports and other client documents using distinctive style
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on a range of complex topics to employees, clients, top management, public groups and other stakeholders
• Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with employees, management, and client groups to take desired action
Critical Thinking Skills
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for clients
• Draws upon the analysis and input of others when making recommendations within the scope of an assignment and with respect to decisions which impact the wider department and company
• Ability to make decisions with an in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Excellent knowledge of financial modelling in Excel
• Highly collaborative within a team environment
• Demonstrates leadership and management skills with a positive attitude
• Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS). Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• 7+ years real estate / consulting experience with emphasis on strategic advisory, development advice and financial analysis.
• Experience leading consulting assignments, overseeing project teams and managing client relationships.
• RE related certificate or RICS certification is a plus
• Fluency in English, verbal and written. Arabic and other languages are a plus
• UAE/KSA Driver’s license preferred
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.