Job description / Role
The Associate Director Engineering & Operations is responsible for the operational coordination and delivery of day-to-day centralized Engineering, Asset, Facility, Contract, Project Management and Building Control services through the Facilities Manager resources and contracted service providers to meet availability and service level expectations of the Client, and its customers.
• Provide direction for departments with the highest possible standards of leadership
• Achieve delivery strategies, budgets and other key performance deliverables
• Manage the Facilities Manager Central Engineering & Facilities Management Team to ensure delivery of best value for the client from its assets, asset data and performance, and FM Project Delivery, in line with Client and Facilities Manager objectives and best practice.
• Manage the delivery of integrated asset and maintenance services in both managing agent and principle contractor capacities across the client’s five airports, including airport specialist systems and ensuring total compliance with the relevant aerodrome certifications.
• Manage self and team to comply with all Facilities Manager and Sinyar, and relevant client, policies and procedures.
• Implement the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
• Manage the team to ensure sustained performance by ensuring motivation via professional development, coaching, mentoring and performance orientation.
• Ensure department and team / individual performance objectives are met, including amongst others annual contract budgets, leave attrition and performance appraisals.
• Lead the effective delivery of hard and soft services, technical expertise, and FM projects to bring value and best practice across the client’s airports and assets.
• Continuously strive to improve customer experience and airport rating in both hard and soft services delivery.
• Work with the Director Engineering and Operations, and the client to deliver a best practice Asset Management System, in line with ISO 55000 standards and the agreed asset management strategy.
• In conjunction with the Executive Team ensure the contractual obligations of the Facilities Manager to the client are met.
• Work collaboratively with wider Facilities Manager team members and champion the ethos of best practice value assured.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the reporting Director
Soft Services Delivery
• Oversee all soft services delivery and maintenance activates including:
• Soft Services issue resolution and suggest alternative solutions
• Soft services suppliers’ adherence to relevant Quality documentation/records
• Supplier’s adherence to project safety regulations
Hard Services Delivery
• Responsible for implementation of streamlined Hard Service work practices across all locations within the contract scope that meet the needs of the client.
• Support design options / solutions relating to hard services maintenance and make decisions / suggest alternative solutions where appropriate
• Review the scope review, budgeting and justification of change work orders
• Ensuring that suppliers provide and adhere to relevant Quality documentation/records
• Ensuring that suppliers adhere to project safety regulations
• Managing the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment
• Manage asset shutdowns and outages in relation to MEP and HVAC Service Delivery, and mitigating / minimizing any operational impact as a result thereof.
• Manage reliability engineering in relation to MEP and HVAC Service Delivery
• Management of asset decommissioning when necessary / appropriate
• Management of maintenance and project performance through observations.
Engineering Projects & Building Control
• Technically approve the execution of minor capital projects, fit out and renovation works for all the Client functions (up to the contractually agreed value) which will be executed by external suppliers
• Management of approvals process for all engineering projects documentation including plans, specifications, risk register, and cost estimates
• Technically approve proposals including project tender documents, project reports, studies, and other documentation
• Ensure engineering project activities comply with AFM requirements and support overall project schedule, scope and budget
• Manage conflict resolution and where necessary work with the other Directors to escalate and resolve
• Develop and own the building control and approvals process for the Complex
• Be final approver of building control and permit requests from the Complex occupiers, contractors and project teams.
• Degree Level (minimum) – Asset Management, Engineering, Property Management, Facilities Management, Operations Management, Contract Management, Business Management
• More than 7 years’ experience in management roles, with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Proven delivery of results at similar level, particularly around contracted service delivery, assets and facilities management in a complex, critical and security sensitive environment
• Property and Facilities Management
• Airport Engineering and Facilities
• Operations Management
• Project / Program Management
• Contract management
• Commercial / Business Management
• Performance management
• Quality Systems – ISO 9000, ISO 14000, ISO 45000, ISO 55000
• Primary Contractor service provision.
• Change and cost / value management
• High ethical standards & integrity in professional and personal dealings
• Take ownership, and accountability for self and team
• Able & willing to listen to others and encourages dialogue
• Able to make decisions and stand by them
• Understand commercial and risk consequences
• Sensitive to corporate politics
• Able and willing to raise potentially controversial issues
• Able to operate in fast paced 24/7/365 environment
• Flexible, responsive and willing to consider change
• Able to lead, motivate and establish culture of a high performing team
• Able to work as a team member and encourage team collaboration.
• Resilient and able to cope in demanding fast paced environments
• Persistent and continually works to achieve success
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.