Job description / Role
* Support the Country Head of Financial Crime to:
* Set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the Country, consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
* Input to the design of the Country operating model, FCC Framework and relevant business processes.
* Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country for necessary FCC controls and oversight.
* Develop a good understanding the Bank's range of products and services.
* Develop good working relationships with key stakeholders in the Business Segments.
* Develop a good working relationship with GBS FCSU and participate in regular Service Delivery Meetings with them.
* Support ad hoc FCC training initiatives where appropriate.
* Develop a good working relationship with GBS FCSU and chair regular Service Delivery Meetings with them.
* Provide management oversight of a team of Investigations Analysts, which includes case allocation and monitoring quality and productivity levels.
* Day to day management and oversight of AML Investigations work that arises from Transaction Monitoring alerts (automated & manual alerts/IRs, OTCs and IXs), including alerts generated from Trade Surveillance, Transaction Screening and credit card monitoring.
* Support complex investigations to include Group or Regional-level i3 cases.
* Processing and concluding cases allocated in a timely manner within agreed TATs whilst maintaining Quality Control/Quality Assurance results in line with Group and local expectations.
* Ensure timely initiation of follow up actions including heightened monitoring, CDD review and list additions.
* Develop, keep up to date and recommend enhancement of appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
* Perform reviews of reports completed by all direct reports as appropriate.
People and Talent
* Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
* Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
* Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
* Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
* Ensure staff in Country have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
* Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
* Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
* Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
* Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
* Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
* Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. SARs, non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally as well as externally across all relevant jurisdictions.
* Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
* Ensure that significant investigations are concluded internally and externally where relevant (including cross-border).
* Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
* Apply risk and data analytic tools / techniques to optimise and tune relevant detection scenarios, and screening and monitoring systems.
* Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up-to-date.
* Support senior oversight of FCC country.
* In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
* Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
* Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
* An FCC related qualification is desirable - such as ACAMS, ICA or CFE
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
SFM Corporate Services
Client Onboarding, KYC and Compliance Lead
Head of Compliance
|Abu Dhabi||4 Mar|