Job description / Role
Primary Objective: Further the development and implementation of the Boeing Middle East strategy. Coordinates closely with Boeing business units, functional organizations and external stakeholders to enhance Boeing's competitive position in the region. This is an excellent opportunity to gain multi-faceted experience with a leading global industrial company.
Role: The Business Associate reports to The Community, Industry and Government Engagement Manager in support of the President of Boeing Middle East.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Support in the execution of Boeing International regional responsibilities, including business development, strategy, government relations and industry engagement.
• The Associate will prepare geopolitical and competitive assessments to inform and support strategy development.
• Build relationships as required with selected government, academic, private sector and non governmental agencies and think tanks.
• Help identify and analyze partnership or other strategic business opportunities (especially those which may fall outside the traditional sales).
• Draft communications and briefings for internal and external audiences.
• Suggest and sustain outreach plans and stakeholder contact lists.
• Budgets, and provide analyses and recommendations as requested.
• Lead meetings/conference calls of the Boeing Middle East Strategy Team.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Able and willing to travel; GCC and to US depending on project needs.
• Able to access and analyze political, economic and industry information and identify trends important to the company.
• Able to make decision that are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
• Excellent judgement, discretion, personal integrity and ability to build networks of contacts among constituencies important to the company.
• Experience and interest in corporate social responsibility programs a strong plus.
• Prior experience in or with the Middle East region. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Serves as subject matter expert to management on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
• Strong presentation development skills; attention to accuracy and clarity.
• Work collaboratively and support team success. Must be a self-starter able to lead activities and work independently but also be a team player with strong interpersonal skills who takes into consideration the requirements of external constituencies and internal.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Are you in a position to satisfy all UAE labor immigration formalities?
Prefer a bachelors degree and 5+ years experience, or a master degree and 3-5 years experience, or a doctorate and 2-3 years experience. Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint; ability to learn Microsoft Works (Data base management).
Other job related information
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE law. Employment is subject to the candidate s ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities. This job may be level 4 or level 5 and will determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
About the Company
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. In the UK, we employ people across numerous sites, and were growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, Armed Forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 75 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world's most inventive technology partners.
We offer many career paths in fields such as engineering, aircraft assembly, communications systems, maintenance and defence equipment, and manufacture and supply of aerostructure components.
Join us and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.