Job description / Role
The Hyatt Place Experience. Hyatt Hotels have long been known for going beyond simple accommodations to create rewarding experiences for their guests. Through dramatic design, innovative cuisine and attentive service, Hyatt approaches the hotel stay as an opportunity to inspire. Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt where the style's relaxed, and the standards are anything but. Hyatt Place is designed to give guests a brand-new hotel experience. And you are the key to bringing it to life.
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting new accounts as well as entertaining and sustaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue goals. He/she must have a strong knowledge of sales and understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales opportunities for the hotel.
- Develop accounts (new and existing); maintain an organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow-up.
- Perform solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers.
- Responds in a timely manner to all leads, RFPs, phone calls, and emails.
- Procures new and repeat business.
- Conduct tours of the property to meeting planners and other potential clients; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
- Coordinate all sales-related activity through the direction of the Director of Sales &Marketing: negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer needs.
- Conduct all sales-related interactions with the highest level of professionalism.
- Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales department, including assisting in answering phone calls and attending to walk-in site inspections.
- Participate in sales blitz and telephone blitz activity.
- Meets with groups on the property to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in handling groups and events.
- Full service hotel experience preferred
- Experience of handling team size of minimum 03 members for minimum 3 years.
- Experience in handling inbound, social and corporate groups.
- Proficient in number MIS and presentations.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.