Job description / Role
An opportunity has a come up for an Associate – Finance to join a well – known company based in the UAE. The person will be responsible for finance raising activities, analysing and assessing company-related investments and financial modelling.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Involvement in finance raising and investment activities
• Candidate will have undergone investment bank analyst training programme or equivalent and have a solid grounding in accounting, corporate finance, valuation and knowledge of securities and financial markets which they will be able to apply to day to day activities
• Able to apply knowledge and experience in project and corporate finance to company activities and projects in these areas.
• Work closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. legal and upstream teams) in such matters.
• Liaise with external parties (such as banks, lawyers, consultants) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity.
Research, analysis/recommendation and report writing
• Conduct high quality research into markets and companies.
• Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties.
• Able to build and maintain complex financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects with minimal supervision
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company’s financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
• Maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff and attends Company events.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Continuous Improvement of Position
• Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance, Legal, Industry and work-related subjects.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
• Bachelor’s degree with honours (2:1 minimum) in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics from a top tier university.
• Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling (as part of investment bank training scheme or equivalent).
• CFA, MBA or Post graduate degree from top tier university desirable.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in investment banking, consulting or private equity environment, with at least several years of working in the oil and gas sector.
• Excellent understanding and background corporate finance & investment
• Excellent analytical, quantitative and financial modelling skills
• Superior research skills for financial advisory purposes (Bloomberg, FACTIVA)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Reporting Analyst