Job description / Role
Associate Partner - Transaction Real Estate and Hospitality Advisory Services
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. Our Transaction Real Estate professionals help clients make strategic real estate decisions with high quality and objective advice through each phase of the transaction process. You will lead our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Practice in MENA. We are looking for a seasoned Real Estate investment professional with corporate finance or strategy background and a focus on Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction (RHC), to join us at an Associate Partner level.
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate Partner within Transaction Real Estate team you are likely to spend your day meeting with clients to develop a portfolio of engagements, working on strategic issues with client management while also ensuring quality delivery and excellent client service. You will also be responsible for building strong client relationships, spotting opportunities for new business, leading the engagements, managing engagement budget as well as developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
- Valuation – including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting
- Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) – including lender diligence, real estate M&A diligence, real estate asset diligence, transaction closing proration
- Operational diligence and performance reviews for hotels, malls and leisure/entertainment assets
- Development and Strategic Advisory – feasibility studies, highest-and-best use analysis, concept ideation/development, destination strategy, tourism product development (leisure and entertainment), growth/expansion/entry strategies
- Capital markets – including capital strategy for property and real estate entities, raising equity capital or debt
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 12+ years of related work experience in the Real Estate Sector
- Experience in commercial real estate, hospitality or tourism with focus on acquisition, due diligence, real estate valuation, loan underwriting, asset management, finance, or market research
- High business acumen and strategic mind set
- A bachelor's degree or higher in real estate (preferred), economics, finance, business or engineering
- Flexibility to travel in the region (approximately 25% to 50%)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous real estate experience in professional services/Big 4 or similar consulting firm, or with prominent developers with large scale projects
- A masters, MBA or relevant professional qualification (RICS, CFA, CAIA)
- Middle East experience
- Fluency in Arabic language
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and strategic thinkers with a passion for real estate. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we have a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region