Job description / Role
Associate/Senior Associate, Business Development & Partnerships - Hub71
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Mubadala Hub71
Mubadala and the AD Government are collaborating to launch a world-class tech hub in Abu Dhabi to complement our global outbound technology investments and incubate a local startup ecosystem
The purpose of the tech hub is to bring technology companies to Abu Dhabi, help incubate regional technology companies and create a community for technology entrepreneurs, investors, global technology companies, and educational institutions. The community members will work closely together and build a thriving technology ecosystem.
Hub71 is recruiting for a Senior Business & Product Development Associate. The main job responsibility is to support the establishment of the right partnerships across all sectors of the ecosystems such as universities, corporates, accelerators and investors.
- Lead the negotiations exercise with the stakeholders and partner.
- Manage relationships with new and existing partners to execute on plan.
- Identify new ecosystem opportunities and work with the team on realizing them.
- Coordinate and support partnership deal process including preparing business case, project plan, MoU drafting, etc.
- Identifying and design new products and offering to further enable the success of the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience with strong business development background.
- Interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital.
- Good knowledge of Abu Dhabi and/or MENA VC ecosystem.
- Ability to manage complex projects under significant time pressure.
- Strong business acumen with experience in critically evaluating business and investment opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in operating and setting up partnerships with a wide array of stakeholders regionally and globally.
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|