Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term. We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas. We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Real Estate & Infrastructure
Mubadala Real Estate & Infrastructure (MREI) is an equity partner and asset manager, focusing on infrastructure projects and real estate investment opportunities both within the UAE and internationally.
The unit develops strategic It has delivered commercial, residential and leisure districts that are central to Abu Dhabi in addition to infrastructure essential to the Emirate's economic diversification as per the government's 2030 plan - a comprehensive strategy to develop the capital into an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world-class city.
The candidate is expected to operate across multiple projects and assignments as the day to day lead responsible for supporting the VP or SVP in ensuring that MREI's financial (i.e., IC approved investment returns; annual budgets) and strategic (i.e., investment strategy implementation; training initiatives) objectives for its new and/or existing real estate investments are achieved. The candidate will also have significant people management responsibilities, focused on coaching and supporting junior team members in their professional development.
Responsible for day to day deal execution
• Support relevant VP or SVP in originating, and take lead in evaluating, new investment opportunities consistent with MREI's approved investment strategy
• Support relevant VP or SVP in negotiating and structuring, and take lead in the due diligence process, underwriting, valuation and closing, of real estate investments, with a focus on risk analyses and achieving above average risk adjusted returns
• Lead the internal deal documentation processes, e.g. IC memos, resolutions
• Ensure accuracy of financial models and financial returns analyses
• Asset manage applicable portfolio assets, in order to ensure timely, accurate and complete management and financial reporting
• Ensure the team stays abreast of all material factors/information (including any foreseeable changes therein) affecting investments in the key asset classes (i.e., office, retail, industrial, residential, hotel, etc.) in the relevant region of focus
• Take lead in MREI's five year business planning and budgeting processes
• People management and development:
• Coach team members with clear upward development trajectory
• Manage upwards / downwards across functions as needed
Knowledge, skills and experience
• A passion for real estate
• Relevant real estate investment and asset management experience
• Analytical and financial proficiency: Builds, runs and interprets complex financial models; Has a good understanding of complex real estate, corporate finance and accounting concepts; challenges and refines key assumptions based on in-depth sector knowledge
• Deal sheet showing successful track record of multi asset class investments in real estate, ideally with value add and opportunistic return profiles
• Proactive critical thinking and creative, detail-oriented problem solving skills so as to bring a broad perspective to investment analyses
• Challenges on-going thinking, does not always settle for status quo and takes concrete steps to generate / explore new ideas; can challenge / assess issues from different angles and work towards creative/innovative solutions to deal and partner issues; demonstrates ability to think 'outside the box'
• Confidence, enthusiasm, energy and personal initiative
• Is resilient to challenges and is a source of excitement and optimism; Able to deliver on complex tasks outside own 'comfort zone'
• Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Verbal: Delivers complex messages in formal setting with full clarity and effective articulation; Leads conversations and ensures common understanding amongst audience
• Written: Writes clear storylines and chapters of complex communication; Is a Mubadala Ambassador; Demonstrates superior listening skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Shows initiative and engagement; Effectively delivers on multi-tasks (3-5 topics) / switch working topics on demand; Anticipates needs of VPs; Actively takes the initiative to participate and contribute in relevant meetings
• Team leadership: Manages work streams effectively; Delivers on-the-job training to junior team members and supports them in the achievement of their personal objectives; Cross-checks / quality controls work of more junior team members; Manages a project and fosters an open environment that builds on contributions of the whole team
• Track record of meeting deadlines and delivering on goals
• Has strong drive and passion in pushing work forward; Delivers high quality complex work consistently and within expected timeframes
• Deep understanding of key asset classes; Able to leverage asset class knowledge to ask the right questions about and derive insights relevant to deals and partners
• Ability to identify and assess risk from a principal's perspective
• Able to identify risks at various levels and able to prioritize risks and assess risk impact and quantification where applicable; Escalates risk issues as needed for awareness and resolution
• Demonstrated ethics, integrity and Mubadala values
• Drive and Passion: Demonstrates drive and passion in pushing the work forward and improving the way we work; Has a "can do attitude" and positive energy; Demonstrates fair resilience to challenges and obstacles faced; Exhibits excitement and optimism around him/her
• Collaborative and Flexible: Able to create and maintain good working relationship with peers (internal, assets, partners, other stakeholders); Work effectively and productively with internal and external team members; Able to express thoughts constructively in group settings; Provides constructive feedback (peer, downward, and upward) to team members
• Unconventional, Yet Responsible: Not afraid of exploring new / controversial ideas, within reason; Is disciplined
• High proficiency with Excel and very strong skills in other Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Power Point)
• Open to travelling as required
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Leasing Executive - Sales
Ziad Galadari Group