Job description / Role
Associate, Strategy & Corporate Development - Hub71 (UAE National)
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Mubadala Hub71
Mubadala and the AD Government are collaborating to launch a world-class tech hub in Abu Dhabi to complement our global outbound technology investments and incubate a local startup ecosystem
The purpose of the tech hub is to bring technology companies to Abu Dhabi, help incubate regional technology companies and create a community for technology entrepreneurs, investors, global technology companies, and educational institutions. The community members will work closely together and build a thriving technology ecosystem.
- Support with the key streams of the function
- Strategy development
- Stakeholder management
- Activating the corporate support for Hub71
- Fund engagement
- Support with developing operational and corporate strategy
- Key areas include scenario planning, design thinking and content generation
- Support in delivering and tracking delivery on Hub71 priorities
- Lead preparing board materials such as presentations, reporting and KPI tracking
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and key vendors
- Support VC fund sourcing and engagement in Hub71 on the back of stakeholders' (ADIO and Mubadala Ventures) commitment to the funds
- Develop and implement tracking methodology
- Lead research and benchmarking on topics relevant to the function
- Support other team members in the Hub team on ad hoc requests and task
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5 - 7 years related experience in consultancy, venture capital of financial analysis
- Versatility - ability research topics and produce relevant analysis and structured conclusions
- Well versed in technology themes and trends
- Strong ability for content generation (strong PPT skills; strong writing)
- Experience in managing stakeholders and executing partnerships with VC players regionally and globally
- Strong financial and investment acumen (strong financial modelling skills)
- Able to engage, report and influence at Hub71 Leadership team level
- Strong team player and ability to work across all functions of the organization to aggregate inputs and drive output
- In depth understanding of the Abu Dhabi ecosystem and relationships across Mubadala assets and leading UAE corporates
- Passion for technology, working with entrepreneurs, and for building a community
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|