Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the successful Server Engineer will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services .
As a Associate Support Engineer, you will:
- Become proficient in the assisting of installing and configuring DarkMatter server solutions for mobile devices
- Become proficient in the DarkMatter MDM management solution
- Become proficient in the OTA update process
- Flash Android based devices with DarkMatter phone OS
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including server setup and Mobile device configuration/flashing, general Android device issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to management
- On occasion, Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Help automate the device testing, flashing, management
- Help deployment team test deployment, including acceptance testing
- Prepare experiments and testing in mobile lab
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience as 3rd level support
- 3+ years of experience with device management solutions, Andriod platforms
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role with understanding of Android and Linux system architecture
- Experience with Windows/Linux/Mac/Android OS
- Familiarity with Android Open Source Project (AOSP) project and build system
- Experience building and/or flashing devices with Android System ROMs (e.g. CyanogenMod, LineageOS) a plus
- Intermediate understanding in Java, C, and C++ a plus
- Intermediate skills in Linux scripting, makefiles, and Perl / python a plus
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Valid UAE driving license is a plus
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
Governance, Risk & Compliance
Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.