Job description / Role
Associate - Trade Product Management - MENA
* Product support for pricing and management of assets, contingents, and initiatives for optimising returns on RWA.
* Business cases for investments for system enhancements and new feature functionalities.
* Monitor collection of fee and NII for the product line in line with Trade Pricing Guidelines.
* Develop jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy.
* Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge
* Drive product performance for the assigned products, improving efficiency through the digitisation initiatives, straight through processing, ensuring scalability.
* Executing product initiatives / operating plan for UAE & MENA Trade Product Management.
* Understanding customer needs and align the client value propositions and solutions to meet and exceed client expectations.
* Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for Trade.
* Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
* Ensuring training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
* Act as the main conduit for championing investment cases for product development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements.
* Active role in credit, legal & compliance approvals for deviations to PPG or CA.
* Ensure product offering and delivery in UAE / MENA conforms to global standards, improve risk metrics and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
* Drive the Operational Risk framework implementation where applicable.
* Deal with Audit and other risk items expeditiously.
* Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks.
* Implement product conduct guidelines where appropriate e.g. Product forum approvals for new product launches, shelf reviews, operational risk assessments.
* Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to Trade products within the region.
* Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF / CORC / CEF
* Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Support the UAE / MENA Transaction Banking Trade team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
People and Talent
* Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture in the country
* Contributing to an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the wider Group, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner.
* Basic knowledge of Transaction Banking / trade products
* Ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||5 May|
Al Boom Marine
Back Office Support(Banking) - Temporary - Own/Sponsored Visa
Relationship Manager - Commercial Banking
Al Ain Finance