Job description / Role
Associate, Transaction Banking Sales (UAE National preferred)
The Role Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
* Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
* Own Account Plan commitment and ensuring client level targets are met.
* Pro-actively lead TB opportunity development with the client and engage CB RMs
* Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
* Regular inspection and update of pipeline
* Build full access to trade finance or cash management decision makers through active client calling.
* Increase client penetration and revenues for the bank by actively promoting the bank's network and product capabilities
* Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
* Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the bank's comprehensive integrated channels capabilities and their application to client needs - use this knowledge in structuring solutions.
* Facility structuring for Trade deals
* Development of cash, liquidity and transactional FX solutions.
* Proposal and pitches to the clients.
* Complete ownership of client level revenue for cash, trade and TBFX.
* Manage the execution through to revenue realization (as per scorecard metric of completed implementation rather than deal closed)
* Drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
* Document negotiation for new to bank business.
Client servicing support
* Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Client Service Group or Premier Service Management
* Ensure client has access to self help tools (e.g. S2B Info Manager)
* Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
* Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviors) and FOSAF.
* Build strong knowledge of local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to ensure the business is ahead of the regulatory change agenda.
* Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
* Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
* Broad banking experience
* Ideally knowledge of Transaction Banking products (trade, cash)
* Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
* Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
* Ideally a certification in advanced Trade / Cash
* Strong credit understanding and experience.
* Market Intelligence: ability to anticipate global trends in market and impact on strategy and plans.
* Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
* Capable of analysing working capital and funding needs
* Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
* Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
* Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.