Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking to expand our successful transport planning and mobility team in the Middle East in light of the rapidly increasing number of projects and opportunities, with the appointment of an Associate to join WSP's transport planning and mobility team in Riyadh to support our public and private sector clients on their ambitious and innovative transport projects. Projects could involve sustainable urban development, transport policy and strategy development, transport network/ master planning, multi modal studies, mobility strategy implementation plans, zero emission mobility, using human-centred design to inform successful behaviour change interventions.
You will need to be someone who can use critical thinking to deeply understand client's problems before solutionising and be comfortable developing bespoke approaches to reducing uncertainty. You will lead, plan and deliver a range of transport planning projects working with multidiscipline delivery teams and multiple stakeholders using a passionate approach to understand everything that is changing within transport. You will be competent in technical delivery and commercial excellence, meeting budget, programme and technical standards.
You will be joining a fast growing, highly innovative and creative team, working on projects all across the Middle East.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead the mobility input on master planning and plot development schemes, including multi-modal network demand estimates, spatial planning, design guidelines, and operations.
* Managing a team to deliver a transport strategy for private or public sector client.
* Providing design advice for accommodating future mobility opportunities within a retrofit environment or new masterplan proposal (e.g. best practice for micro mobility design and future proofing for zero-emission, shared and automated vehicles).
* Developing concise, high-level reporting and presenting to senior clients, underpinned by strong analytical skills and technical subject matter knowledge
* Research and benchmark the latest in mobility technologies and services providers, including global suppliers, service offering, technical specifications, and operational requirements.
* Liaise and work collaboratively with the wider project delivery team, including transportation & infrastructure, Sustainability, Digital Advisory, and Master Planning specialists to ensure the mobility requirements are integrated in all aspects of design.
* Support in the Bidding team in the preparation of technical mobility scopes and fee estimation.
* Identify opportunities for improving ways of working, including the implementation of alternative graphic and illustration tools.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* You will be an experienced Engineer/Transport Planner with significant knowledge and hands on post graduate experience.
* Demonstrable experience from consultancy, or industry that includes strong experience in developing mobility strategies and providing transport planning inputs to masterplanning and plot design schemes
* Someone who is able to contribute to (for larger projects) and pull together from scratch (for smaller projects), Transport Statements, Transport Masterplan, Transport Policies, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans.
* Experience and a passion for Design Thinking and Human-Centred Design.
* Project management experience in a consultancy environment is essential.
* Business development, bid writing and thought leadership skills would also be desirable;
* Experience dealing with uncertainty and have the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a working environment that is evolving in nature, and requires varied project work and client demands.
* Someone who has team leadership skills and can mentor others through performance management and training and development.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.