Job description / Role
General and Financials
• Supervises and manages all assigned PICs of FOH/ BOH
• Understands PICs positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Implements agreed upon food & beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
• Manages in compliance with all local laws & monitor stores compliance to all relevant points
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs
• Assist Operations Manager/ HOD to prepare annual budgets, set targets, staff incentive policies , P&L action plans, menu engineering. Feasibility studies and all financial/ marketing requested for business optimization, efficiency and revenue & profit generation
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
• Ensures Restaurant Reservation Systems & Catering RVC systems are utilized to their potential.
• Manages data and forceasting process on Revenue Plan
• Follow up on daily targets been met
• Complies to organize all summary reports submission to be done on time
• Prepares vacations plans vs seasonal trends vs new businesses opportunities
• Ensures IT system is properly set and mistakes are minimized, preventive actions are made
• Ensures Financial system is ran smoothly
• Approves stores par levels, buffer levels and logistics plans
• Provide monthly revenue generating ideas, based on structured plans
• Analyses monthly breakage, financial, trainings, hygiene, audits, rosters & all other summary submissions required and set
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensure guest feedback is collected, guest data base is used and each social media complaints is replied within 24hrs, maximum of 5 constructive feedback target per month per outlet
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
• Assist for new projects development – F&B related
• Prepares manning levels inquiries, SOE sheets, pre-opening procedures program
• Coordinated between all departments for following up pre set timeline
• Takes handover from fit out in 100% of its completion
• Follow ups on government relates, snags, maintenance and compliance documents
• Ensure smooth operation has been ran within 2 weeks of soft opening
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices
• Actively participates in Marketing events calendars and cost efficient marketing ideas for all assigned outlets
• Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
• Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
• Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
• Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
• Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
• Estimate food and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
• Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
• Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
• Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, conducts work orientation on new employees and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Assess staffing needs, and assists in recruitment of staff using methods such as newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs. Provides orientation to newly hired employees regarding job coverage.
• Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
• Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards.
• Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
• Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
• Must have university degree; fluent in English; with strong IT skills
• Arabic preferable
Working Experience & Skills
• The candidate should have more than 3 to 5 years of experience in the fast food industry, Fine Dining, catering, cafes
• Pre-opening experience is must
• Must have valid / transferable driver's license
About the Company
Binghatti Holding is an international investment holding company headquartered in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). The company focuses on high-growth potential projects in the real estate, hospitality, education, industrial, construction and FMCG sectors. Empowered by mercantile experience since 1875, the brand seeks to redefine the norms of the region by delivering reasonably priced high quality products in a timely manner.
Binghatti Developers, the real estate development branch of Binghatti Holding operates throughout the UAE with a value of more than AED 3 Billion and 30 projects, including the AED 1 Billion Swarovski Sparkle Towers in Dubai Marina. The company currently operates in several areas throughout Dubai including Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Village Circle, Liwan, Dubai Land Residence Complex and Business Bay.
Binghatti Beverages, the beverage manufacturing arm of Binghatti Holding was established to provide world class beverages catering to the unique tastes of the GCC and MENA region. The company focuses on capitalizing on the region’s growing FMCG industry by commercializing the traditional juice flavors ethnic to the Middle East. The company recently invested more than AED 250 Million in a Kizad, Abu Dhabi production facility equipped with state of the art Tetra Pak filling and packaging lines. The facility sits on a plot of more than 1 million square feet and currently produces the Binghatti Beverages’ signature brand, Raubi of London.
Binghatti Hospitality intends to provide world class Hospitality Management services throughout the GCC and MENA region. The company’s primary concentrations include Food & Beverage, Hoteliering, Art Curation, Facilities Management, Sales, Marketing & ecommerce, Finance, Revenue Management, Purchasing, Human Resources, and Information Technology services related to the Hospitality Industry. The company is primarily known for their CUPAGAHWA and Aghatti café and restaurant brands in the UAE.
Binghatti Industries envisages the establishment of a technologically advanced, environmentally friendly, and sustainable smart aluminum production facility capable of producing up to 10,000 tons of aluminium frames and profiles per year. The intricate process involves the latest technology in aluminium manufacturing and processing machinery to ensure the highest environmental standards of production. The facility will also feature a state of the art joinery equipped with modern technology to produce fire resistant doors and wooden decor products.
Granada Europe Construction (GEC) is an international construction company with ‘first class unlimited’ rating. Headquartered in Dubai, GEC’s main line is principal contracting involving high-rise buildings, large purpose-built complexes, and infrastructure execution. In recent years, GEC has also moved into the niche of executing exquisite and extravagant projects for internationally renowned VIP clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Admin Assistant - Operations
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Fnb Operations Manager for a Luxury Golf Club
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Facilities / Operation Manager