Job description / Role
The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent local travel, and undertake a variety of indirect tax (VAT) compliance and consultancy services, and to a certain limit IFRS and financial statements audits and procedures, in an efficient and professional manner. Candidate must be meticulous and analytical. The role will be heavily client facing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 partner team. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
• Plan and oversee the compliance and auditing process
• Perform effective risk and control assessments
• Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
• Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency
• Coordinate periodical audits
• Proven experience as an auditor
• In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
• Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Organizational and leadership abilities
• Integrity and reliability
• Working both independently and alongside partner and VAT Team to promote and manage the practice and VAT Consultancy services to the firm.
• Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
• Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
• Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
• Working with finance and commercial teams to support on billing arrangements.
• Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
• Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance
• Contract reviews and; any ad-hoc work required by clients in order to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
• Support the expansion of VAT Consultancy Services and generate income through the achievement of sales targets.
• Comprehensive experience of the VAT guidelines and regulations in the UAE, and IFRS knowledge
• Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills – in particular the use of Microsoft office applications
• Will have 3+ years progressive tax experience including a minimum of 1-2 years Indirect tax experience working in International Indirect tax.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
• Progressive tax experience with some exposure to international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a multinational corporation
• Professional certification in taxation and accounting is a plus.
About the Company
XB4 was formed in Pennsylvania in 2003, in the wake of the Enron-Andersen collapse, when serious quality and confidence challenges were facing the accounting world, and in particular the Big Four. Founded by a CPA with years of experience working in and out of the Big Four Accounting firms, XB4’s earliest goal was to deliver assurance, tax and financial advisory services that combined integrity and transparency with highly individualized professional care. In other words, bigger is not necessarily better.
All our clients are important. All their concerns are significant, and all our clients can expect that with XB4 they will receive services that will add value to their organizations or businesses. At XB4, our goal is to serve and protect the interest of our profession, therefore, we are here to deliver more than just a name.
We pride ourselves on a team that comprises of former Big Four Partners and staff. They bring with them decades of experience across a range of industries and organizations, in the public and private sectors, both profit and non-profit entities. Our approach combines a number of key ingredients that makes XB4 unique from other firms:
- thorough understanding of the applicable Standards and regulations;
- strong competency in local and international best industry practices;
- use and rely on the latest and best technology;
- individualized research;
- accessibility to our clients and communities; and
- trusted, honest, reliable, and timely service.
At XB4, we believe ethics are real values, and not just another box on a check-list. If you share our values, please join us!
Right Calibre Executive Search
Accountant - Accounts Payable
Accountant cum Office Manager
A Professional Public Accounting, Audit, Tax, And Advisory Firm