Job description / Role
Assurance - Business Controls Risk - ERM Senior Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our Business Controls Risk team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Managers with experience of working on ERM or SRM projects and risk and control. Whilst we are looking to develop our ERM solutions and build further market awareness a candidate with flexibility to deliver other BCR solutions will be preferable.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, and coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Enterprise and Strategic Risk Management and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within our Business Controls Risk team (e.g. Third Party Assurance, Policies & Procedures, Governance) to bring our clients high value solutions, as well as the flexibility to be able to work on Internal Audits and Internal Controls projects.
- Based on clients' requirements the candidates will provide practical risk and control focused functional ERM expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or will quality assure and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate. It will be helpful for the candidate to already have links to other PwC offices where the ERM offering is more developed, so they can easily bring in the relevant expertise;
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- As a Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Business Controls Risk team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of ERM, as well as other BCR solutions. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas e.g. Business Studies, Economics, Accounting etc.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role e.g. CIA, CERM, CMIRM, CRM etc.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Risk Assurance e.g. risk and controls, business process, ERM, preferably within a professional services environment and ideally within PwC.
- In-depth understanding of PwC's Risk Assurance offerings and the development of an ERM practice.
- Implementation experience of working with clients to develop and implement an ERM framework.
- Exposure to a wide range of industries e.g. EUM, Govt, EUM, CIPS, etc.
- Strong interest and passion for raising the awareness of ERM and SRM in a new market, building of experience gained from a more mature business environment than the Middle East. Assisting in the growth of a relatively new solution and driving market activities, as well as delivering on projects.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker would be a benefit.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong preference for recent Big 4 experience.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.