Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The adoption of digital technology is driving organisational change at an unparalleled rate. This change creates risk and trust has become essential for organisations to thrive in tomorrow's digital world. Our people combine digital, risk and technology expertise to help organisations build and maintain that trust.
Due to the rapid growth of our team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Business Analyst with a proven track record of high quality delivery of business requirements and solutioning. Someone with the right blend of hands-on technical experience and an eye for innovation to help us build out our client offerings which we can bring to market.
- As a Business Analyst you'll work with teams across PwC Assurance to gather business requirements and translate these into documents which can be used by development team.
- You will have experience in back office processes and controls e.g. Finance, HR, IT, Procurement.
- You must have experience across legacy technologies such as ERP and Consolidation too. You will have a good understanding of the potential of using Emerging Technologies such as RPA, AI (Chatbots, intelligent OCR).
- Most important of all, you are able to assess technology and non-technology solution options to improve a process and controls
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
Specific responsibilities will include
- Working closely with our business teams who specialises in internal audit, controls assurance, IT audit, ERPs
- Project management and effort estimations for client deliverables.
- Managing multiple process and controls improvement projects at once.
- Designing functional and technical solutions to business problems in line with existing application architecture and constraints.
- Capturing business requirements and working with the technical teams to translate them into technical requirements documents and specifications.
- Ensuring that the technical solutions delivered meet the business needs.
- Working collaboratively with the developers and other senior business stakeholders.
- Coordinating unit testing with clients
- Putting forward ideas on how to innovate solutions to solve client problems in a sustainable manner
- Coaching and appraising the junior members of the team on key skills such as process analysis, process mapping.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject areas such as computer science or mathematics.
Years of Experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as a business analyst.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience working with software development methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall.
- Understanding the potential use of emerging technologies such as RPA, Scripts, VBA, Python, AI/Machine Learning
- The ability to translate business requirements into a technical solution.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Practice and Business Development to grow our capability and business
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English.
- Excellent use of microsoft office tools / google slides
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.