Job description / Role
Assurance - OAS - Accounting Advisory - Senior Manager - Abu Dhabi
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Our Accounting Advisory professionals in the Middle East provide professional advisory services to clients as they work their way through the regulatory and technical accounting aspects of deals.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- As a Senior Manager in the team, you will be required to assist the leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue grow the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in capital markets and accounting matters and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market;
- You will also be required to possess a solid knowledge of IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, handle technical discussions with global industry experts and apply your critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world;
- As a Senior Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities;
- You will also be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues;
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Accounting Advisory team within our Middle East Assurance practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital markets and accounting solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English is required and multilingual Arabic speaker is highly beneficial;
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Minimum years experience required
- 8-10 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any capital markets or accounting conversion (IFRS/ IPSAS) experience is beneficial. Similarly, and Middle East accounting or auditing experience is beneficial;
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.