Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Managers with experience of working with Financial Crime and Compliance background.
As a Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Manage day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients; understanding the client's business; communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Contribute to the development of your own and teams technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Help identify opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
Demonstrate knowledge of Financial Crime and Compliance areas relevant to financial institutions, including the following:
- Assist clients in Financial Crime Risk Assessment, Customer On-boarding process, benchmarking global AML standards, Customer risk rating model development, Data cleansing and file remediation initiatives;
- Assist clients and Senior Team members in Sanctions filter tuning and Transaction Monitoring System optimization;
- Assist our clients in preparing and updating AML Policy, Procedures and Risk assessment whenever is required
- Assist our clients in conducting periodic risk assessments to identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Assist with implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Assist in development of Compliance and AML training materials
- Assist our clients in embedding and sustaining an organization wide compliance culture
- Support developing, deploying and maintaining a robust compliance program by facilitating continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Business etc.
- Industry accredited credentials must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager (CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
- 6+ years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to copewell under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.