Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working with Data Analytics background.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse structured and unstructured data, visualize findings and discover insights using advanced data analysis techniques that leverage technology to process large volumes of data and perform complex computations in a scalable, reproducible and automated manner to help our clients solve business problems, drive value, and gain strategy and insight from their data.
- Understand business problems in a business context and thereafter design/ develop data-based solutions, algorithms and statistical predictive models to identify business challenges and opportunities.
- Utilize analytics to explore data, and identify key trends and insights from multi-faceted, and high-dimensional data, and work with data teams to create diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive insights
- Work to gauge client needs for consuming analytics, understanding, designing, assimilating, and analyzing data using analytics tools
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with PwC Financial Service industry specialists to support on financial crime systems (e.g. Sanctions Monitoring and Transactions Monitoring systems), digital transformation (e.g. RPA) and
- Business Intelligence (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, Microsoft SSRS and SQL)
- Utilize technical and FS industry knowledge to identify complex client issues and build long-term business relationships with key executives through engagement delivery and networking in professional organizations.
- Proactively support the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
- Actively engage in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Design and support implementation of analytics methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects supporting transformation
- Keep up to date with current business and economic issues from the region and from across the world
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of advising and developing integrated data solutions at financial institutions, including the following:
- Understand database management systems (query, alignment, localization, schema and non-schema DBs, web based as well as mobile) and machine learning software, big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Hana) and development language such as Python, R, T-SQL;
- Possess AML knowledge with Transaction monitoring scenarios and sanctions screening systems optimization skills.
- Capable of designing text analytics through the use of taxonomies, concept searching, machine learning or clustering;
- Capable of performing data analysis, including the use of relevant software (e.g. Python, R, VBA, Hadoop, Neo4J, i2);
- Work with database design, database development, data loading and BI/ETL solutions (MS SQL server preferred);
- Utilize and analyse complex models, reading and writing scripts, and identifying model weaknesses utilizing R Studio and R programming language to understand the logic adopted for developing the statistical models, and for testing the accuracy of the model implementation;
- Designing tests to evaluate model robustness and assess model stability under various scenarios, including recession and growth, by analysing the changes in the estimated model parameters and resulting forecasts, achieved using statistical tests;
- Designing, assimilating, and analyzing data utilizing SQL. Conceptualizing and designing dashboards for data analysis and regulatory compliance report generation, and applying visualization techniques in transaction monitoring to find anomalies in payment data using tools, including Tableau and R Studio;
- Design customized solutions while producing clear, readable, commented code with functional documentation.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics etc.
- Adept at implementing visualizations that meet client needs, considering content, composition, texture, and optimizing the depth and information density for the target user
- There is flexibility in the mix of education, training or experience. However following mix is highly desirable
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Informatics, Data Science, Computer Science, Business Intelligence
- (Data Visualization skills using Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) or a similar field (preferably in an FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry);
- Ability to perform data tasks, working with a variety of SQL, NoSQL, and HDFS data stores, and preparing data for visualization
- Recent hands-on experience in at least 2 of the following: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, SQL, C++, C# and/or
- Experience with one or more of the following: data discovery software (such as Tableau or Qlikview or Power BI), cluster computing framework (Hadoop- Pig/Hive/Sqoop or Spark ), or SQL Database management (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- While not a must, hands-on experience in some of the following areas is a major differentiator: experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence, Robotics automation tools (Blueprism, Ui-path, Automation Anywhere), prior software development experience,
- Analytical experience in Financial Services Industry (Banking, Treasury, Securities, Insurance, etc.) preferred
- At least 5 years of prior engagements in strategic or C-suite level agenda and/or strategic programs
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrable high quality planning and execution capabilities
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope
- Well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.