Job description / Role
Assurance - OAS - Financial Services - Risk and Prudential - Senior Associate
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Associates with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Associates with experience of working with Risk and Prudential assurance background.
As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Manage day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients; understanding the client's business; communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Contribute to the development of your own and teams technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Help identify opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
Demonstrate knowledge of risk management areas relevant to financial institutions, including the following:
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity
- stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
- Knowledge of a minmum of 2 of the following areas:
* Credit risk: Obligor & facility risk rating, PD/LGD/EAD models, allowance models, pricing models, etc.
* Market risk: strategy, management, processes and technology solutions
* Operational risk: Ops risk methodologies and tools (RCSA, KRI, loss database)
* Liquidity risk: Strategy, management, contingency funding plans, cash and capital management, ALM
- Preparing prudential returns such as ICAAP, ILAAP, IRRBB, Pillar III, Large exposures and similar returns along with basic understanding of Basel III and IV requirements.
- Knowledge of banking products including lending, deposits, fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Economics, Business etc.
- Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager
- 3 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.